*Updated April 20th.
I will be in Omaha for the 2016 BRK AGM. I will be there from Friday April 29th to Sunday May 1st. I’m planning to leave not to long after the Markel Corp. meeting. If anybody wants to meet up, I will be at some of these events:
Friday, April 29:
- Noon-3pm: Berkshire Exhibition Hall visiting companies.
- 3pm: Value Investing Panel at Creighton University
- 5pm: Yellow BRKers get together
- Columbia University “From Graham to Buffett & Beyond” dinner????
- 8pm: Whitney Tilson’s cocktail party
Saturday, April 30:
- 8am-4pm BRK AGM. I’m watching a 85 and 92 year old take questions for hours.
- 4pm – YPO has an event with Tom Gayner (Markel), Tom Russo from Gardner Russo & Gardner, and and Tim Vick, author of How to Pick Stocks Like Warren Buffett. Not sure if I will go because I’m not a YPO member.
- Another event by Whitney Tilson and his friend Chuck Gillman. Whitney won’t be there. It’s a casual get-together immediately following the annual meeting.
- 5:30pm: I might attend the Nebraska Furniture Mart Cookout. It was a lot of fun last despite the long line to get in. Music, BBQ and Budweisers. BTW Nebraska Furniture Mart which is the largest furniture shop in the US.
- There are various investment events Saturday night, not sure where I will end up.
Sunday May 1
- So far I’m not register for the BRK 5km race. I did it last year. I may or may not go.
- 10am: Markel Corp. brunch. I really enjoyed it last year. Smaller and more personal than the BRK meeting.
There are various events associated with the BRK AGM, so the schedule is subject to change.